Out of Stock
|Out of Stock||$288.99||Buy|
|Last updated 25 minutes ago.|
Out of Stock
|Out of Stock||$444.26||Buy|
Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs
IR Digital PWM, 11 Power Phase & Dr. MOS
7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect
8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 12 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 8 Rear)
* First availability for purchase, it may not correspond to the actual market launch date.
2133Mhz 2400Mhz 2666Mhz 2933Mhz 3200Mhz 3600Mhz* High clock speeds may require enabling the XMP profile in the motherboard BIOS
** RAM support may also depend on the CPU memory controller
|ECC RAM Support|
|Audio Chipset||Realtek ALC1220|
|Audio Channels||7.1 Channels|
|LAN Chipset||Intel i211AT|
|Max LAN Speed||Dual 10/100/1000Mbps|
|Back I/O Ports||
|PCI-Express x16 Slots||4|
|PCI-Express x4 Slots||0|
|PCI-Express x1 Slots||1|
|SATA 6 Gbps Ports||8|
|SATA Express Ports||0|
|Maximum Supported RAM||128GB|
|Onboard USB 2.0||2|
|Onboard USB 3.2 Gen 1||2|
|Onboard USB 3.2 Gen 2||0|
ASRock USB 3.1 Gen2
- ASRock USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s)
- ASRock USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s)
ASRock Super Alloy
- XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
- Premium 60A Power Choke
- Premium Memory Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke)
- IR3555M Dr. MOS 60A
- Nichicon 12K Black Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors)
- I/O Armor
- Matte Black PCB
- High Density Glass Fabric PCB
Intel® 802.11ac WiFi
ASRock Steel Slots
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
ASRock Ultra USB Power
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for all USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
- Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs
- IR Digital PWM
- 11 Power Phase design
- Supports ASRock Hyper BCLK Engine III
- AMD X399
Memory- Quad Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support
- Supports "Plug and Play"
- ACPI 5.1 compliance wake up events
- Supports jumperfree
- SMBIOS 2.3 support
- CPU, VCORE_NB, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.05V, +1.8V, VDDP, PROM 2.5V, Voltage Multi-adjustment
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection
- Supports Purity Sound™ 4
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 120dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier
- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier for Front Panel Audio Connector (Supports up to 600 Ohm headsets)
- Pure Power-In
- Direct Drive Technology
- PCB Isolate Shielding
- Impedance Sensing on Front Out port
- Individual PCB Layers for R/L Audio Channel
- Gold Audio Jacks
- 15μ Gold Audio Connector
- Supports DTS Connect
LAN- Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
*Teaming is supported on Windows® 10 RS2 and above.
- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi Module (Free Bundle)
- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
- Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- Supports Bluetooth 4.2 / 3.0 + High speed class II
Slots- 4 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE4/PCIE5: single at x16 (PCIE1); dual at x16 (PCIE1) / x16 (PCIE4); triple at x16 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE2) / x16 (PCIE4); quad at x16 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE2) / x16 (PCIE4) / x8 (PCIE5))*
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Storage- 8 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
***If U.2 Connector is plugged, M2_1 will be disabled
Connector- 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
*Each header supports up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
**The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
***The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
****The Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
CPU_FAN1, CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2, CPU_OPT/W_PUMP and CHA_FAN3/W_PUMP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
*****Connect the audio device to either one of the audio connectors.
Rear Panel I/O- 2 x Antenna Ports
*Ultra USB Power is supported on USB3_6 port.
ACPI wake-up function is not supported on USB3_6 port.
Software and UEFISoftware
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
- 4 x SATA Data Cables
- 1 x ASRock 3-Way SLI™ Bridge Card
- 1 x ASRock 4-Way SLI-S111 Bridge Card
- 1 x ASRock SLI_HB_Bridge_3S Card
- 2 x ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antennas
- 3 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
- Temperature Sensing: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Fan Tachometer: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature): CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Fan Multi-Speed Control: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, VCORE_NB, DRAM, PCH 1.05V, +1.8V, VDDP
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm
- 8 Layer PCB
- 2oz Copper PCB
OS- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit*
* Windows® 10 RS2 is supported
- FCC, CE
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
ASRock has done a fine job with the X399 Taichi. It looks good, feels like a quality piece of hardware and packs all the features you can expect at this price point. If you choose to overclock your Threadripper you will have to do the job manually but...
I am unable to fault the board, even if I were to be really picky I'd say it lacks detailed overclock tweak settings and perhaps RGB LED that aren't attractive but I do think that would be unjustified.If you're looking for an excellent X399 board then...
The X399 Taichi performance wins in important categories earns this beautiful motherboard a thumbs up. Great layout, performance, aesthetics, and a low-price help elevate this motherboard enough to get our approval, but not quite enough to achieve Editor's Choice status.