* First availability for purchase, it may not correspond to the actual market launch date.
2133Mhz 2400Mhz 2666Mhz 2800Mhz 3000Mhz* High clock speeds may require enabling the XMP profile in the motherboard BIOS
** RAM support may also depend on the CPU memory controller
|ECC RAM Support|
|PCI-Express x16 Slots||4|
|PCI-Express x4 Slots||0|
|PCI-Express x1 Slots||2|
|SATA 6 Gbps Ports||8|
|SATA Express Ports||1|
|Maximum Supported RAM||128GB|
|Onboard USB 2.0||2|
|Onboard USB 3.2 Gen 1||2|
|Onboard USB 3.2 Gen 2||0|
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
- Quad channel memory architecture
- 1-way mode: x16/ x0/ x0/ x0
- 2-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x0*, 16/ x8/ x0/ x0**
- 3-way mode: x16/ x16/ x0/ x8*, x8/ x8/ x8/ x0**
* For the CPU that supports 40 PCIe lanes
** For the CPU that supports 28 PCIe lanes
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 ports reserved for SATA Express port)*
- SATA1~6 support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
- SATA7~10 ports only support IDE mode and AHCI mode.
- Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology (Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1)
• 1 x SATA Express port*
• 1 x M.2 port, supports M.2 SATA 6Gb/s module* or M.2 PCIe module up to 32Gb/s speed**
- M.2 port supports 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length module
- M.2 PCIe module does not support RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 and RAID 10.
* The SATA Express port or SATA5~6 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 (Gen2 x2 mode) module in the M.2 port.
** Intel RST does not support PCIe M.2 SSD with Legacy ROM.
• VIA VL805
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
- 1 x 24-pin AT x main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin AT x 12V power connector
- 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 1 x M.2 connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.0 ports)
- 2 x 4-pin CPU fan connectors
- 3 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1 x Audio power switch
- 1 x Slow mode booting jumper
- 1 x PS/2 port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 8 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
- 5 x OFC audio jacks
• The motherboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.
Asking for an outlay of just £200, the MSI X99S Gaming 7 offers an alluring set of features to warrant its reasonable price tag. But it isn't just features that MSI's X99S Gaming 7 is good for – CPU overclocking performance is impressive, the supplied...
So the MSI X99S Gaming 7 might not be the flagship model in their enthusiast range but since when has that ever stopped MSI from delivering a mid-range (if you can call Haswell-E mid-range) product which exceeds expectations? One of MSI's strong points...
If you have a compatible drive, the MSI board has both SATA Express and Turbo M.2, for speeds of up to 10GB/s and 32GB/s respectively. The MSI can run three-way SLI and Crossfire, but shares some of the PCIe pathways with the M.2 slot, so configuration...